Sunday, January 16, 2011

5 years

I wish I had a photo but sadly I don't. 5 years ago today, I arrived at Greenville Memorial at 8am to have my first surgery to removed cysts that had been found on my ovaries. Aware of the possibilities I prayed that the bare minimum could be done. As I anxiously waited, the doctor was running behind schedule so I was taken back an hour later than expected. After over two and a half hours in surgery, I was taken to recovery for a couple of hours. Briefly remember awaking and having a doctor; who assisted in my procedure, approach me asking me how I felt and proceeded to tell me what had taken place. Once they got inside of my abdominal area and saw what things looked like more than the minimum had to be done. Thankfully, it was not extreme but bad enough. As I rested and remained in the hospital for the remainder of the week, my oncologist spoke with me about what had taken place and what my next step would be once he received the results from the pathologist. Let me say the wait was the longest two weeks of my life! Because of the condition I was in, it took a bit longest to receive the results because the pathologist did thorough examination. On Monday, January 16, 2006, my life was changed and my outlook on life. I became appreciative for being able to wake up each morning and being granted another chance to live and do what my mission is to do in this lifetime, help others and inspire others to FIGHT and nip cancer in the bud. Although, it creeps into our lives slowly, we have the power to run it out. The main thing to fighting a battle is stay strong and positive and never give up!
I am ever so grateful and appreciative to the ones who visited, called, and prayed and the other behind the scene things that went on, it did not go unnoticed. I want to thank everyone for everything they did regardless of how small or big it was sincerely appreciated.

1 comment: